View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 01, 2009, 07:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
Some here also questioned whether or not the L actually saw the play, but rather guessed because the KU player went to the floor. Do you really think that these guys make it to this level by guessing on calls? I don't. Now I don't know if John Adams agreed with the call or not, but I'm sure that the L could have easily explained to Coach Izzo what he had on that play had he been asked.
No one said this was a habit. We said it was a single call that by many was judged to be wrong. That does not mean the official or officials could not make mistakes. We have talked about many other mistakes this tournament. Do not make it sound as if this one had to be correct just because you like the call. What about all the other calls in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
Just another reason why we don't need officials peeing, figuratively speaking, on the court marking their territory. We all know, at any given time, what our primary coverage area is, so give that a rest.
I am not sure that is correct. Based on the series of questions that were asked, and even the way this play was described, whether they know the primary coverage is really not the point. The question is do you know what is typical and what is trained. And I can tell you that John did not take too kindly to officials calling things out of their primary when I attended his camps. At least not plays that an official passed on.

Peace