View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 01, 2009, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

A question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits View Post
I would say this is definitley a bit of OOO, but our OOO is also wrong with his interpretation.

FED 3-1-2: If a pitcher is replaced while his team is on defense, the substitute pitcher shall pitch to the batter then at bat or any substitute for that batter until such batter is put out or reaches base or until a third out is made. To ensure that the requirements of this article be fulfilled, the umpire will deny any coach-defensive player conference that will violate the rule.

A conference should not have been charged. Using the correct interpretation, our OOO should have disallowed the coach back onto the field during warmups.
So my good man,

How long do you allow the defense to freeze the offense in the middle of a rally by allowing free conferences with his infielders? If you don't charge him a conference, he can talk all day or as many times as he wants to people if he makes a pitching change. Makes no sense to me.

By the bye, you are misreading the rule, IMO. If the defense has conferences left, then talking to another defense player is not illegal. But it is going to cost him a conference to do so. So it is not OOO to charge him with a conference. It is not illegal for him to go back to the field after he crosses the foul line if he has conferences left to use. Now, if there was an equipment problem, or a possible injury, and the HC needs to go back out, and he tells me why he is going back out, okay, no conference as long as no coaching is done.

In FED ball, if you have conferences, you can meet.