View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 01, 2009, 07:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
As I clearly stated, it started with 0 with 2 drifting in at the time of the contact.

Actually, by the time of the point in question, they were well outside the lane on the L/T side (not from the middle/circle), the C would have either long since given up on them since he had several more matchups to watch or was watching the screening action...which was not the point of the foul...the fouler came from the opposite side.
If it makes you happy, OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
In how many typical halfcourt sets is the trail standing on or behind the division line? In how many typical halfcourt sets does the lead have 0 players in their primary, even if for just a few seconds?

They may have been in the "halfcourt" but the players were not in a typical alignment for typical halfcourt coverage.
Actually Camron, I do not know your experience on the college floor and if I recall you have worked college games which means you are on a college floor. But it is rather typical on a throw-in to be back a little ways as the Trail. Considering that they want you back and you do not just focus on the thrower that has absolutely no pressure, you focus on the players going after the ball. If there is a steal or an attempt to steal, the Trail might be the only one to get that. The center can help with off ball activity, but the Trail cannot rely on them only to see something. I cannot imagine that the Trail was not looking there.

Peace