View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 01, 2009, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Which one was it, "0" players or two players? If I recall one of your fellow, "there was contact" brothers said there were two players earlier. There were two players standing dead in the Lead's area.
As I clearly stated, it started with 0 with 2 drifting in at the time of the contact.
Quote:
The two players (the one that fell and the player trailing) came from the middle of the court around the circle. There was a screen that was in the circle to try to free the Kansas player that fell. All that action is easily what the C is watching.
Actually, by the time of the point in question, they were well outside the lane on the L/T side (not from the middle/circle), the C would have either long since given up on them since he had several more matchups to watch or was watching the screening action...which was not the point of the foul...the fouler came from the opposite side.
Quote:
Not to say the Lead could not have seen the screen, but he had two players that might have come to the basket either to defend or catch a pass.
Quote:

It wasn't? Ball in the half court. Trail in the half court in-bounding the ball, all players in the half court, sounds pretty typical to me. Now during a throw-in I have no problem if the Lead extends their coverage, but that was not an in-between play. That was a play that took place outside of the 3 point line and concluded way in the Trail's area with no one covering the thrower.
In how many typical halfcourt sets is the trail standing on or behind the division line? In how many typical halfcourt sets does the lead have 0 players in their primary, even if for just a few seconds?

They may have been in the "halfcourt" but the players were not in a typical alignment for typical halfcourt coverage.
Quote:

You have to do a little better than that if you think you are going to change my mind. It is not happening. I have seen the play enough to try to see why the Lead could have called this. I saw nothing other than an iffy play that the Trail passed on.

Peace