View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

As usual, I'll give a differing viewpoint. There are pirmary areas written as guidelines. Whomever of the 3 that has the best look at a play should make the call. On every play, one of the three has the best look at it. Most of the time, if the ball is in yur primary, you should have the best look, but with good officials, they have a sense of who has it and who should take it.

If you have the second look at it, you can help if needed. As people here have stated, it is a crew dynamic. Some people will, some people won't. Either way, calling from the second look can help or hurt. I tend to avoid calling from the second look. Many others don't.

Calling from the third look is reserved for the O My God calls, when there is a non-basketball play or brutal event that could ruin the game. If done right, your partners will be thanking you for your help on these, especially since they happen maybe a couple of times per year.

Primary areas on court maps are guidelines. You cannot always have the best look in your primary. That's baseball.