View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Some supervisors are just idiots-get the call right, especially in a big game like this-damn the out of primary thought.

The lead (enline ref) absolutely, without a doubt, can go to his grave-has the best look (angle) on this play. The c is straight lined, the trail has an angle the might not allow him to see contact.

If I can't be 22-23 feet at an approximately 90 degree angle, see a trip and not call it, I do not belong on that floor. That view is easy as pie to see and call. Professional umpires make bang bang calls at 1b often in the 18-21 range all day. This is not much more. That ref had a great angle, the best angle of any 3 on the court.

Now, a college ref (and somenone mentioned it in another post) said concerning rythym, balance, speed and quickness: If one happens, you might have a foul, if two happen, you have a foul. This is concerning contact. So in our case, do we have one or two, first of all. Second, is the contact illegal. If we have yes to 2 of 4 and a yes to illegal contact, we have a foul.

From what I say from you tube, balance, rythym and speed are all affected. Did it happen cause he messed up or contact by the MSU player. That simple; all the other stuff is nonsense. Player going to get the inbounds is the play.