View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 07:36am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
Nevada-

I'm with you on this play. I believe that KU15 had his heal clipped by MSU2 which caused KU15 to trip over his own feet. I thought that watching the play live. Here is how I would break it down: KU15 runs towards the division line with MSU1 trailing him (no contact occurs until they are both on the floor at the end of the play). MSU2, who presumably is "guarding" the inbounder (KU15), backs up towards the three point line. KU 45 comes and tries to set a screen on MSU1. So MSU2, MSU1, KU15, and KU45 all converge about the same time in a small place. I contend that MSU2's left leg makes contact with KU15's right foot. KU15's left foot then comes down and the contact causes KU15's right foot to swing behind his left leg. It's the classic soccer trip as someone mentioned.

I'm shocked there is this much discussion on this one play.

-Josh
Good description, Josh.
The place we differ is noted and my opinion comes from the only replay that CBS showed from the "looking down" camera.
After #15's left foot had cleared, I still contend that #2's left foot was moving laterally and that #15's right foot hit the back or side of #2's calf/ankle causing the ricocheted #15 right foot to make contact with #15 left foot.