View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 28, 2009, 08:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
If you saw the end of the MSU-KU game, then you saw exactly why you don't fish in somebody else's pond.

With less than a minute to play, KU inbounds the ball at the division line. K1 races to the throw-in, TRIPS over his OWN feet, catches the ball and falls near the division line. The LEAD races out and calls a MSU foul, with the trail looking at him like he's got two heads.

Unbelievable, bad call.
The title of this thread is exactly what's wrong with men's college officiating. Too much ego and not nearly enough teamwork. This was an example of a play that started in the lead's primary, especially based on where the Trail was, and he stayed connected to the play and continued to officiate as there was nothing between him and those players. The mechanics are in place as a guide. It doesn't mean you don't extend your coverage area when the players dictate it. Nobody cares if you officiate the heck out of zero players in your "primary" if there is crap going on elsewhere that fails to get called. Anybody can officiate the wood or the paint on the floor. For anybody that claims this was not a foul, I would have trouble believing that they know how to apply the basic principles of officiating. Again, great call by the lead - Sirmons. By the way, Jamie Luckie has had 3 outstanding games so far in this tournament. I don't know him but based on his performance thus far I think he is a lock for the Final Four.

"Nowhere in your analysis do you discuss MSU #2, Raymar Morgan. It is MSU #2, with the black knee brace on his left leg, who was charged with the foul for tripping KU #15, Tyshawn Taylor, not MSU #1, Kalin Lucas. Pay no attention to MSU #1, Kalin Lucas. He arrives late and afterwards."