View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 28, 2009, 12:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refguy View Post
Why would they show a play that was rightly officiated?!?
Tremendous get by the lead as that player started in his primary and he stayed with the play. I don't know what TV you were watching but it was clearly a tripping foul. The MSt player extended his foot outside his vertical plane causing contact with the Kansas player. Great call!!!!!
I just looked at the replay.

There was a MSU player (#1) standing with his back to the end line and facing the thrower from Kansas. Number #15 from Kansas runs by the MSU #1 and did not make any contact while stepping out to defend the pass. MSU #1 had position to go for the ball as #15 from Kansas is running behind him. Number 1 from MSU is trailing #15 from Kansas and he is about 2 strides behind #15. As the #15 from Kansas goes and gets the ball, he stubbles by having his right foot, hit his left foot and he falls to the floor.

Let us say for argument sake that #1 for MSU made contact with Kansas #15, I do not know how the MSU player could be called for a foul as he was not facing the Kansas player and if any contact took place, I think it would have been incidental at best because he was in a better position to go after the ball. If the MSU player would have went after the ball, the Kansas player would have went through his back. MSU #1 for some reason stopped moving towards the ball and kept his defensive position. And based on the little I saw in the second half, that would not have been a foul. All this action took place about 5 to 10 feet outside of the 3 point line. Let us say for a moment the call was correct, that was a long way to get that call. The Center would have been a better help on this play. And if you look at the Trail, he looks like he did not know what just happened. His arms were out as if to suggest, "What you got." I am sure he did not want to give that body language, but that is what it looked like. The player fell at the division line.

The only players that made any significant contact, were the two MSU players.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sat Mar 28, 2009 at 12:59am.