View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 26, 2009, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I was talking with an old buddy yesterday and he told me this happened in a wreck league game he worked earlier this season (NF rules).

Just a few seconds left in the first half and A1 launches a 3 pointer. B1 shoves him in the back with both hands. The ball goes in, and my buddy's partner immediately calls an intentional foul. B1 gets in his face, complains loudly about the call and drops an F-bomb. WHACK! He doesn't stop and actually chest bumps the official. My buddy calls the second T at that time. See ya'.

Coach B runs out on the floor and yells at the partner, who T's up the coach. The guy then throws his clipboard and yells some more. This time, my buddy T's him up. Buh-bye.

After things settle down, A1 makes both his free throws for the intentional. A2 shoots the eight shots for the four technicals and makes seven of them. If he would have made all eight, it would have been a 13 point play! As it was, 12 is still a lot.

Oh yeah, when all this began, the score was tied at 20-20. My buddy still has no idea why B1 committed the intentional.
looks like those two officials are going to be scratched for a long time....however, becuase U2 showed great game management skills, I hear he's got the Purdue v UConn game tonight from Glendale, AZ......