View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 26, 2009, 06:13am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Unless he made eye contact with his partner(s) and they gave him the go-ahead. In that case, the three of them buy a round for everyone in the bar.
Last game of the season last week - B8. I am new T and administering an OB throw-in in the backcourt on the side-line adjacent to the H bench. As I go to give the ball to H23 I look at my L and count players. As I’m near the H bench I say over my shoulder, “Coach, you have six.” And wait. H Coach surveys his troops and instructs H40 to leave. H40 is under the frontcourt basket and proceeds to make his way to the bench. As he steps out of bounds, Coach says, “Thanks ref.”

I hand the ball to H23 out of bounds, who bounces it to his teammate in the backcourt. As I do this, H40 apparently misinterprets what his coach is saying to him and for some reason, jumps (read bunny-hops) backwards from out of bounds, back onto the court and right into the play! Me – TWEET!

H Coach, who is losing by ~20 at this point, puts his head in his hands as the crowd groaned……and we went to shoot the T's.....