View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
So, just how many defenders does the "initial play" protect? If F8 was moving to get a deflected ball garner the same protection?

Seems from the OP, not only was F6 involved in the initial play, but wasn't remotely involved in the play, deflected or not.

I see this as an inattentive fielder vs. a runner who has the right to advance. From the OP, the fielder ran into the runner, not the other way around.

The more I read the OP and the more I read the tap-dancing attempt to justify an INT call, the more solid my support of RKB's becomes.
me? tap dance? whatever. im just debating it.
Ok, straight up with no attempt at any type of humor.
OP states ball is deflected by the pitcher towards F6... F6 hesitates (what maybe 2-3 seconds? at most?...OP doesn't say) then goes to make initial play and runs into the runner while making the initial play on the ball.
OP mentions that he "felt" that F6 moved for the ball once runner was in front of fielder...SO f@cking what? no rule against it.
Op also states that runner picked the direct line thru the bases.
no additions of F8's,no judging if the fielder was inattentive, no tap dancing
Its an INT call. I don't need to justify it, as its by rule.
Or until someone can add something to change my mind.

BTW: "Seems from the OP, not only was F6 involved in the initial play, but wasn't remotely involved in the play, deflected or not." HUH?

Last edited by CajunNewBlue; Wed Mar 25, 2009 at 09:55pm.