View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51969 View Post
M&M do you think it will be an issue getting licensed for the 2009 - 2010 season based on my location? I would imagine I would have to re-test before I am actually back in the US. Do you know anyone at state that I could talk to about doing it here and sending it forward. I could pay with no problem here, but the test could be an issue.
I don't think there's any hurry to take the test and such before you get back, unless you're planning on doing school games the same week you move back.

When you send in your registration fee, the IHSA will send you the basketball packet, which includes the rule book, case book, and test. The test, if you remember, is a 100-question open-book test. Once you finish the test, send it back to them, and if you pass (I think with at least an 80), they will send you your patch. So, if you're coming back in Sept., I would think you can complete the registration, get the packet, and complete the test in plenty of time before it is due (which is sometime in late November). The test is also given on-line these days, which should make the timing a little easier for you.

If you still think you need the info sent over there, mikesears did give you the link for the IHSA contact info and they should be able to help you out.

Good luck, and keep checking back here!

(Used with permission.)