Thread: Rabbit Ears?
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 23, 2009, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
Of course I got the drooler water brained coaches answers "What i'm just talking to my asst coach blah blah"

I told he was going to be finishing the conversation in the parking lot, because they were both going and I wasnt going to play his game anymore and that was it.

So what do you think? Too much rabbit ears or are there things said in the dugout "between coaches" but obviously meant for you at some point part of the show and addressable?

Or should I have dumped his stupid @ss?
I use one of two stock responses to "I'm just talking to ...., not you", depending on the level of the game.

If a youth game, I have been known to tell the coach that his explanation meant that I was equally permitted to talk to my partner within the hearing of his parents, and that I was considering telling my partner that I heard he had been having an affair with one of the mothers on his team, and that we should see if we could pick out which one by looking at which player he treated better than the others. For good measure, I might wonder if the stories about the child being included were true.

In a more adult setting, I have been known to say that meant that I could verbalize to my partner what I thought about him and his team, as long as I wasn't talking to him directly, and that would certainly be okay with him, I was sure.

In all cases, I make sure they understand that they were accountable for anything said loud enough to be heard; in a way that absolutely gets their attention.