Thread: Rabbit Ears?
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 23, 2009, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Rabbit Ears?

I'm BU - Coach generally moaning and groaning about the strike zone. I'm ignoring it for the most part since hes just a whiner, I already know he is a whiner, and hes not directing it at anyone.

FTR my PU partner is a damn good and experienced umpire and his zone was just fine.

After a few innings of this hes talking with his coach, hes in 1B dugout and I'm in A - the stuff said obviously loud enough for me to hear went about like this

"Why do we even play this game if they are just going to take this game away from the girls. I cant teach my girls to swing at that"

"They enjoy cheating the girls they laugh about it later" "Oh I know they laugh about it. They love cheating girls. If they knew how hard these girls work they wouldnt cheat them like this."

"Thats probably why they cant keep wives, they cheat little girls and laugh about it".

Thats about the time I'd had it, so I told him that was enough and I wasnt hearing more from them.

Of course I got the drooler water brained coaches answers "What i'm just talking to my asst coach blah blah"

I told he was going to be finishing the conversation in the parking lot, because they were both going and I wasnt going to play his game anymore and that was it.

Other than low key moaning and groaning that was about for him. He didnt go farther.

The jerk then shakes our hand at the end of the game and tells us good game..

So I get up to the umpire area and my UIC is there.. and you know what that piece of crap had done?

He had sent a runner to complain to the UIC that I got ticked off when he and his asst coach were having a conversation about their wives.

My partner was probably more livid than i was. I know this team and coach and organzation well and he knew us. I dont like lying dirty snake pieces of crap garbage.. so I know now.. and I dont hold a grudge.. well anyway.

So what do you think? Too much rabbit ears or are there things said in the dugout "between coaches" but obviously meant for you at some point part of the show and addressable?

Or should I have dumped his stupid @ss?

Last edited by wadeintothem; Mon Mar 23, 2009 at 09:55am.