View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 23, 2009, 03:59am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfordwilkins View Post
Starting back up with some adult rec leagues before camp, thought I'd flip through the case book for a good old refresher.

And I can't for the life of me figure out the logic in 9.13.1 (I know its referencing 6-7-9 Exception D)

The ball has been released on a field goal try or tap by A1 towards A's basket (a) A2, or (b) B1, excessively swings arm(s) or elbow(s) without contacting an opponent. The ball goes through the basket.

In (a) the official will sound the whistle immediatley for a violation. The ball is dead, the goal is not scored.

In (b), the ball is dead when the try ends. The goal is scored and Team A is awarded a throw-in at the spot closest to the violation.

I don't see how (a) is possible (except for the fact an exception exists). And my question then, does the same exception refer to team control fouls away from the ball?

ExampleThe ball has been released on a field goal try or tap by A1 towards A's basket. Away from the basket after the release but before the try is successful, A2 illegally displaces B1 (boxing out several feet backwards/knocking down B1). The basket is good...

Does the basket count?

It is NOT a team control foul right? So if B was in the bonus, B1 would shoot?
Correct. In this case, the basket counts since the release was before the foul by a non-shooter. There is no team control, so B shoots 1+1 or 2 if necessary.

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Mon Mar 23, 2009 at 09:28am. Reason: 1+1, not 1+2