View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 22, 2009, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
The singular worst tournament I can remember in a long time and the cause was simple.

3 games with a horrible catcher. The coach would NOT pull her, at one point I did lose it. I am injured. I got hurt pretty good 3 times where I am in pain even as I type. In two games hit about 25 times. She couldnt catch a ball to save her life. If I get the unlucky draw tomorrow of this attrocious catcher, I'm using the balloon. It was terrible. It ruined the game for me and them. I told them repeatedly they needed a new catcher. "OH shes a good catcher just having a bad day".

Shes not a good catcher. She had no mechanics of a good catcher. Even the pitches she accidentally caught were not caught with any skill or proper technique. She couldnt block the ball. She would set up outside and while I was dumb enough to stay in the slot I would take the inside shot somewhere.. because she couldnt catch it.

Total bull crap and I actually felt disrespected.. that they would leave me to get hurt just to keep their crappy catcher in. After awhile I could hear the parents even laugh a little when I would get hit. "Oh he got hit again." I was seeing red. I did threaten to eject her... but i didnt.

And, I even feel sorry for the catcher. Someone has put it in her head she can catch or she wants to catch and the simple fact of the matter is she cannot play that position. They should move her. She probably feels horrible about herself tonight and thats not fair to her.. and me. I got a M-F job, I cant be devastated by taking 25 shots in 2 games. That coach needs to pull her head out of her rectum.

Just had to vent a little.
I've gone as far as 8 ft back to call. Stay down long enough to know where the pitch is, then get the hell out.

Rita