View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 21, 2009, 11:00am
Esteemed Forum Member

Who You Gonna Call ??? Mythbusters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Speaking of not knowing the rules: I had a coach tell me tonight that on a held ball, the ball had to be simultaneously possessed for three seconds before it could be a held ball. He said something about it being a Michigan high school rule. I asked if he was serious.
zm1283: I've had it with this myth, so it's going on the list. Welcome to the Mythbusters. I'll send you your official Mythbuster's badge, you know the "Fashion Police" badge, and your secret decoder ring, in Monday's mail.

A held ball occurs when opponents have their hands so firmly on the ball that control cannot be obtained without undue roughness. Action of arms and elbows resulting from total body movements as in pivoting or moving to prevent a held ball or loss of control shall not be considered excessive. It is a violation for a player to excessively swing his or her arms or elbows, even without contacting an opponent.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Mar 21, 2009 at 11:03am.