View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 20, 2009, 04:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation This makes it all worthwhile

In another post, I mentioned that this weekend are the final games this season for our local kids rec league. I was asked by the Board to "monitor" one of the HS level games tonight. It seems there is a parent who was suspended for a game earlier this year (not the same guy who will probably be at my 8th grade game on Saturday) and apparently, has "bragged" to a few people that he intends to cause some problems tonight. It's his kid's last game and he has no more kids so, I guess, he feels he has nothing to lose by having fun being a jerk.

One of the officials who will be working the game tonight emailed me saying how relieved he was that I would be there since he also heard about this guy. In fact, he addressed his email to me "To The Terminator".

Of course, I hope this guy behaves himself, but if he doesn't, I'm prepared to get up in his face. In fact, I think I'll bring along a frying pan in case he needs some smacking upside the head.

The really good news is that there's a game in the next gym at the same time with a team who has a parent that's a local police officer. He's usually at all his son's games and I expect him to be there tonight. I know the guy (as I'm acquainted with all local cops in one way or another ) and I'll give him a heads up when I see him there.