View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg144 View Post
The best way to end this whole fiasco would be for the TM Coach, who played at Ohio State, to give a quote to the newspaper...

"We didn't lose the game because of the foul at the end of the game. We lost because of the following reasons: we fell behind at the beginning 22-8, we missed easy shots in the 4th quarter, we didn't make all of our free throws, etc. etc. etc. It was a great basketball game and I wish Centerville well."

End of story.

I have been on the floor with both of these team. They are both very good and for the most part, very well coached. I've worked with two of the officials and would gladly take the floor with them in any game in the future.

The camera angle I've seen sucks. I'd like to see a better angle. However, the officials on the floor saw what they saw. The lead had a good angle. He decided it was a foul. We do that every time we're on the floor...we judge contact to be a foul or to let it go. None of us can say for sure if it was a good or bad call. We have to trust the officials on the floor. I do and I respect their integrity. I can say with certainty, they do not care who wins the game.

Probably any official on this board would love to be on the floor in such a meaningful game. I also think that most of us on the board would not back down from making (or passing) on a play at the end of the game.

As someone said earlier, the OHSAA should pull the Dayton Daily News credentials for the rest of the tournament for publishing one of the officials names.
No need for a better camera angle, it was a foul and they saw it clearer than we did. Watch the replay, if you don't see the foul in slo-mo, along with the misdirection of a 10 footer..........