View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 01:08am
Official Forum Member

Not only is the guy stupid, he's passive aggressive too.

Some of the traits of someone who's passive aggressive that fit this situation:

- Blaming others, unable to accept blame
- Complaining
- Making excuses (This sort of individual will usually not agree with the particular reason you provide for their mistake but will create their own reason. This is part of the control aspect of passive aggressiveness)
- Prideful
- Victim Mentality

Quote:
“I think I would be happy if someone acknowledged that perhaps it was not the correct call to make and that they will, in fact, make sure that’s a part of the process that the officials go through. HUH? My understanding is the officials did huddle up with 6.6 seconds left in the game, and they did talk through that. They did say, ‘Hey, unless there’s a flagrant foul, we do not call a foul. This game goes to overtime.’

“I would like to think that officials do have that as part of their process and that they do, in fact, implement that when the time comes. I’m not sure why that didn’t happen. It was an official who told us that that’s the process they followed. And I’m not sure why they didn’t. I would like to see some acknowledgement that, ‘Yeah, that’s what should happen and that’s what we should have done. We made an error there. There was an error in judgement.’ Or something of that nature. Uhh, okay...whatever all of that meant.

“And then perhaps that that one official is actually dealt with. And by dealt with, obviously I’m not talking about firing the official or anything. But I’d like to think that when an employee of mine does something that I believe is against district protocol Even if he did kick the call, which is debatable since it was borderline at WORST, he still broke no protocol. This is a horrible argument, that I talk with him, document the conversation. You know, those kinds of things. I’d like to hear that.” I'm still not sure what he's talking about here. Did he want the U1 and R to reprimand the U2 on the court for making a call?