View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGKBLUE View Post
My jewelry pet peeve is not with high school that has a penalty. My pet peeve is with ASA, where there is no penalty so the players try and get away with wearing jewelry. If caught they take it off, if not caught they feel as though they have won the battle.

I cannot stand having to stop ASA games three, four times for the removal of jewelry, it really does affect the flow of the game.

ASA, please put a penalty into the rule book. A rule with no penalty is not worth the paper it is written on.
Horsecrap. There is a rule if they refuse to take it off. If I tell you take off jewelry that I judge to be dangerous, you'd better do it, or I'll toss you for showing up an umpire and committing USC.

Easy way to handle it: as you walk into the dugout for the bat inspection, remind the players to take off their jewelry. If anyone has a question about an individual piece, they can ask me then.

I rarely have problems with jewelry on my field, and I frequently get thanked for reminding them.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.

Last edited by NCASAUmp; Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 03:29pm.