View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
That's not where you're supposed to wear it!

wade, I've used the K2 for 5 or 6 years. It offers great protection for your shoulders and sternum, but nothing else. I've taken a few shots to the gut; stings a little but I have lots of natural padding! I've taken one or two shots to the little chest flaps that hang off to the side of the sternum plate, and they really are useless. The lack of protection for the rig cage is its biggest weakness. I keep thinking I'm going to replace it due to this weakness, but I haven't yet.

I used to have a pull-over protector and I hated it. Not enough adjustability and it never fit right. Don't know about the Schutt, though. The cool packs always struck me as a gimmick, but some on this board like them, IIRC.
Cool packs are a gimmick. I'll toss those. I do like the way it looks. Very compact.. but the whole pull over thing..

I love the K2 but I think I'm scared of it. My main concern is looking good and protection! If I want bulk I have my west vest and I have a crappy other protector... I need a 3rd sweet looking one.!