View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 16, 2009, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroyal View Post
It was a LONG stretch to even suggest the issue at home, but the logic is getting all messed up here. I don't know what else to say, gents. I've got two different interpreters in two different states (Virginia & Missouri) that are telling me to "no call physically or verbally until something happens, by the offense, by going back to touch the base or defense, by appealing".

Maybe it depends on the area your are in or your likes and dislikes for FED rules. I am a little thrown off, though, by some that would toss the FED book or just pick and choose what to rule on. I would be a little miffed should a coach ask me to rule using OBR or MLB while working a FED game. FED game, FED rules.
I might be checking on to make sure the interpreters are not simply giving an opinion, (based on old old theology).

In calling FED rules, please be sure to follow FED rules, but the FED manual is not a rule book. It is simply a suggestion to help standardize mechanics. As Tim noted, the FED manual is out of sync with the rest of the baseball world, has been for many years.

Thanks
David