Thread: 10U Boys
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 16, 2009, 05:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Not unusual I suppose.

I did five B13U Rec games this weekend. Last games of the season for this league. While the league doesn't have a "Championship Game", they do have two division and they do 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd, etc. the last weekend of the season.

Game one was 3rd vs 3rd and an absolute blowout. The one team only had five players (one was injured and the other was at a funeral). Unfortunately, the five remaining players weren’t the right five. None were shooters and only one was a ball handler. Tough game. Score was 21-0 before the other team scored. I kept thinking of our thread on the 100-0 game and thought I might have something like that.

To his credit, the winning coach pulled off the press and went into a light 2-1-2 defense. Final score was 62-5.

That was just the first game! I also had:

- One forfeit.
- Did one game by myself
- I got to call the infamous violation for the player being intentionally out of bounds (never thought i'd call it). He was running out of bounds on the side of the court on a fast break trying to avoid defnders.
- I also go to call out of bounds when the players hair (long corn rows) touched out of bounds when he was inbounds.
- Lastly, in the 2nd vs 2nd final game, I T'd up a coach for calling a timeout he didn't have.....and I had told him moments before he was out of timeouts. His team was down by one with 7 seconds remaining.....and ended up losing by two.

Thanks to the Forum, I knew what to do in all cases.... Crazy final weekend that's for sure!
I hope that you charged the T to his TEAM and not the HC directly.