Thread: Drizzle tips...
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 15, 2009, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Actually, Under Armour also has a line of cold wear that does a pretty good job.

The jacket works fine for me. If anything, it is too warm at times. Like any other cold weather situation the difference is proper layering.
Oh trust me, I'm originally from WI. I definitely know how to handle cold weather, and yes, layering is helpful. However, my point is that ASA could do a better job of providing us guidance in cold weather scenarios. The jackets don't help when it's 30 degrees out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
What about the fielders? Their cuts and direction changes are much more stressful and dangerous than that of a runner.
Just because I didn't mention them doesn't mean I don't include their safety in my evaluation of the field.

Quote:
Which is an area where many of us become too complacent.
Agreed. Very few actually check the fields, especially when it starts getting wet.

Quote:
Unless the league organizer is your lawyer, I really wouldn't care what he said. I don't "need" to work their games.
Exactly why I don't call there anymore.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.