Thread: Drizzle tips...
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 15, 2009, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
The Under Armour gear is for hot weather, not cold.
Actually, Under Armour also has a line of cold wear that does a pretty good job.

Quote:
The lined jackets are a joke, and the closest thing ASA has towards "cold weather" gear are the long-sleeve shirts.
The jacket works fine for me. If anything, it is too warm at times. Like any other cold weather situation the difference is proper layering.

Quote:
I keep a very close eye on the field conditions as BU and PU. I check the bases every half inning, unless the half inning is taking a while. Then I will do subtle, periodic spot checks.
What about the fielders? Their cuts and direction changes are much more stressful and dangerous than that of a runner.

Quote:
Another reason I walk the entire field before the game. During the game, I tell both coaches to inform their outfielders that if they see anything questionable during the game, they are to notify me right away.
Which is an area where many of us become too complacent.

Quote:
A couple years ago, I caught hell from a league organizer for calling a game after two runners in a row slipped rounding 1B before the end of the top of the 1st inning.
Unless the league organizer is your lawyer, I really wouldn't care what he said. I don't "need" to work their games.