View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 14, 2009, 07:19pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

You didn't give any dissertation about what exactly you did the first half to be a prick. But I believe you when you say that you were.

Everybody has their breaking point. Everyone. Perhaps you went past the one official's breaking point.

The R, in my humble opinion, was out of line. This isn't a good scene when two people are both out of line: the R and you. When two people aren't acting correctly, only badness can occur.

He should not have approach and initiated contact with you that got him angry when you didn't look at him. Yes, it's polite to look at someone when they talk to you, but you accepted his previous crappy answer and started thinking about whatever is next.

I am a bit concerned that you exagerated a bit though. Did he really tell into your ear? How far away from your ear was... he? ...his voice?

The other two officials seemed to handle the situation better. You can hope that the 3rd recognized what happened and did learn from it.

In the end, it does sound like if a foul should have been called (only the calling official can give the most accurate description of what happened), it should have been ruled intentional, and perhaps penalized after your player's shot left their hand(s), if possible.

If in fact you do do a lot of complaining, maybe learn to pick your moments better on when to speak to the officials about a call. If you pick your moments to be quality moments, you are likely to always have the official's ear and gain respect from him about your understand of the game.

Just my 2 cents.