View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 13, 2009, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
As I said, I belive that the intent was that it was still a charged conference if the coach does NOT remove the pitcher, and she ends up being removed by rule due to the 4th CC.

But, the definition of a charged conference (Rule 1 and RS 9) does not distunguish WHY the pitcher was removed, only THAT the pitcher was removed. Which brings us to the logical trap. I say it is a catch 22 (ala Joseph Heller).

For a pitcher to be removed by rule requres that there be a 4th charged conference. For there to be a charged conference, the pitcher must not be removed, because if the pitcher is removed, it is not a charged conference. Therefore, no pitcher can ever be removed by rule.

No, Mike, I'm not serious about the intent. But, it is what the rule actually says.
And if the coach doesn't remove, but just returns to the dugout? If you are then prepared to continue play, would you not then direct the coach to place another player in the pitching position?

So, you now have a coach who insisted upon a fourth conference, completed it and you are now removing the pitcher from the position, by rule. Are you not?