View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 03:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AK ref SE
I wish in our area Southeast Alaska, they had something along the lines of the other states that have posted.... We have officials here that IF the took the test that particular year there name went on the ballot for the coaches to rank them 1-6. They may not have even called a game that year and could be picked to do post season play. Darn my luck last year, I took the test, Did the Christmas tourney, (which for us is the beginning of the season). I left town for 5 months because of my job, I received enough votes to qualify for post season and I was not even here..Go figure!

AK ref SE
AK,

We have the same problem here. We have many college officials that do not do a single game at the level they are assigned playoff games during the regular season that year, but get them anyway. Unfortunately all you have to do is put down the number of games you are assigned for that year and the state may or may not check them. So some officials that are technically not "qualified" recieve them anyway because they have done them in the past and their name has been out there. But I do not know how that will be completely alleviated.

Peace