Thread: True/False
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by donj
True or False.

1. Team B players are wearing headbands which are actually bandannas that are rolled up and tied in back. Bandannas are rolled such that they are no wider than 2" and are of a single solid color and are the same for all teammates. They are legal.

False from rules book 3-5-3-5.

Please provide rules/case # if different.
Yuck. Actually, rule 3-5 exception 2 says they're legal, but it states "headband." I guess you'd have to determine if this is in fact a "headband." If it's a JV level game (or higher), I'd have them removed. I've let lots of younger kids (mainly girls) play with what are in effect bandanas.

Quote:

2. During stoppage of play, several subs report for both teams. B2 goes to bench believing he/she was substitued for. Ball becomes live and team B only has four (4) players on court. Team B advancing ball up into frontcourt and Team B coach realizes B2 should be on the court. At coaches request, B2 sprints directly onto court without reporting or being beckened. Technical foul on B2.

True from case book 10.2.1 situation B.

Please provide rules/case # if different.
Correct. Read case 10.3.4C

Quote:

3. B3's shoelaces untied. Play will not be stopped to allow the laces to be tied. Officials may delay resumption of play on dead ball to allow B3 to tie laces.

True but don't have rules or case #'s to reference.

Thanks for the help.
Correct. The key word here is "may." Again, if this is a JV game or higher, I'm not going to blow my whistle for a kid to tie a shoe. Younger kids - yes, older kids - ought to know how to tie a shoe.