View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 05, 2009, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Block/Charge on Dunk

Ok, I know that one picture doesn't tell the whole story. I was watching this game last night and had the exact angle that the photographer and the lead had on this play.

(hopefully this image posts)

Link for photo just in case it doesn't show up: http://www.meangreensports.com//shar...IMAGE_SIZE=400

The defender was established prior to the dunker going airborne. The defense was set just above the low block along the lane, but outside of it, so it in no way was in the restricted area (which I know is not in college, but also to say that he wasn't under the basket)

I see this type of play a lot in the men's game. Is there any reason why the officials are no calling this play. I was talking to another official shortly after the play happened and him and I both thought it should have been whistled as player control. Now, I'm not a fanboy and neither is he as he actually works for the white team. Just asking.

Also, immediately after the dunk, the white player stood over the blue player and said something to him. No T was called. Doesn't relate to the play I'm asking about though.

This was a first round conference tournament game.