View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 04, 2009, 09:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"But The Officials Let Me Wear This Last Week" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
How about the teams just get the correct color? Seems pretty simple.
Agree, wholeheartedly. Why can't high school coaches instruct their players how to properly wear their uniforms when the uniforms are distributed at the beginning of the season? This ain't rocket science, or brain surgery:

Headbands and wristbands must be white, black, beige, or a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey. All players must wear the same color headbands and wristbands. Undershirts must be similar in color to the jersey.

I may have mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating. I work Catholic middle school games on the weekends. The assigner told us at the beginning of the season that if he walks into the gym during one of our games, and if he sees an illegal undershirt, sweatband, or headband, that we would not get paid for that game. Guess what? No "fashion police" problems for the entire season, and these are twelve year old kids, coached by volunteer coaches.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)