View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 01, 2009, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

No Warning given

A coaching friend of mine couldnt understand why she got a T this past week. Now I have pieced some things together to get most of the story as I was not there. Some time during the 3q, she was up set by a foul call. She became visibly upset and was a bit animated. A buddy of mine said she jumped into the air, landed like a jump stop on the court and pretty much yelled..how is that a foul. It was here where she got the T. She called me that night as was telling me this. Of course he didnt tell me all the animation she did. Anyway what seemed to upset her the most was that she didnt get a warning. I tried to tell her that depending on how she acted, how she approached the official, etc.

Granted, this was 8th grade girls, I tried to tell her that at that level, the officials are learning to call a game, learning to manage a game just as she is learning to coach. Sometimes this is the way things work out. Live and learn is what I told her. She still seemed upset a few days later...Am I leaving anything out to explain to her or talking to her about how this was handled especially on her end? Thanks