Thread: timing question
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 01, 2002, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

WOW,

Cameron:

Just a "baseball guy" dropping in from the "other" section and following a few threads -- sorry for the intrusion.

I wish you would re-think the following statement:

"I don't think any of them are using it as an approved experiment. Instead, they have independantly chosen to alter the rules for use in their state.

They probably lobbied the NFHS to add it and were unsucessful and chose to thumb their noses at the NFHS and used one anyway."

FEDlandia has always tried to work with states on many different types of adjustment to the rules.

As an example The State of Washington has used a shot clock and no centerline in girls (women's) basketball for over 25 YEARS with the blessing of the NFHS.

As an example The State of Texas uses a version of NCAA rules for high school football with the full backing of the NFHS.

Massachuetts and Rhode Island play "The Official Rules of Baseball" rather than FEDlandia rules and still participate in many other FED actitities.

It is very easy to criticize from a distance however there are usually reasons and a process involved when states select to use only a portion of Fed rules in any sport.

I'll get the heck outta here now and back to baseball.