View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 01, 2009, 02:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Contestants have been briefed on some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I recall one comment as saying something to the effect of "minorinfractions that have no real effect on the game should be ignored."
Is it this:

THE INTENT AND PURPOSE OF THE RULES
The restrictions which the rules place upon the players are intended to create a balance of play; to provide equal opportunity between the offense and the defense; to provide equal opportunity between the small player and tall player; to provide reasonable safety and protection; to create an atmosphere of sporting behavior and fair play; and to emphasize cleverness and skill without unduly limiting freedom of action of individual or team play on either offense or defense. Therefore, it is important to know the intent and purpose of a rule so that it may be intelligently applied in each play situation. A player or a team should not be permitted an advantage which is not intended by a rule. Neither should play be permitted to develop which may lead to placing a player at a disadvantage not intended by a rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I wish I still had my old rule books. I'd like to find a library that has as many of the years as possible to chart certain rule changes.
Me too. I used to throw my old rulebooks out each year, when I got a new one. I didn't start saving mine until 1996-97. I'm missing my first fifteen rulebooks. Anybody want to send me theirs? I'll pay the postage.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 02:14pm.