View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 28, 2009, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc6 View Post
Why not just get the long tights? They would prevent chaffing from shinguards as well as offering protection.
I umpire quite a bit in the summer and fall and the long tights would burn me up in the warmer weather. I have long thick black tube socks that they sell 3 for $15 at Honig's that go under my shinguards anyway. I really can't believe how light and flexible these McDavid Hexpad pants are and how much protection they offer on each thigh.

It will be nice not to get "bitten" by foul balls or pitches that bounce in the dirt in front of the plate and miss the catcher before bouncing off my thighs.

I've had to walk around many times in pain after the ball hit me on my thigh and when the catcher asks if I got hit in the nads I smile and tell him no if it hit me there my cup would give me protection.

"I've never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes"---Leo Durocher