View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Hilarious (to me anyway) post-game exchange

6th grade girls travel league playoffs last night at a nearby rec center. Barely room for spectators along the wall. Interesting game. The teams are only permitted to play full-court defense in the 2nd and 4th quarters. The visitors were tall and slow, and the home team was small and quick. So visitors go up 14-4 at end of first, home up 20-18 at the half, visitors back up 26-24 at end of third, and home wins 33-28. Fans were in our ears the whole night, but I never really looked at any of them so I couldn't tell who was supporting which team.

The wife and I were going straight to an HS playoff game afterwards, so I ducked in the locker room for a quick shower and to change. I come out and meet her in the lobby about 10 minutes later, and on the way out some guy says "Nice game, ref!"

I say "Thanks" with a smile on my face and am almost at the door when he says "Uh, sarcasm." Apparently he was a supporter of the losing team, and wanted to throw an barb at me but failed miserably. I could just imagine what went through his head in those moments "Crap, I wanted to insult him but now he thinks he really did a good game. How do I fix this??!?!!?!?"