View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 01:40am
Official Forum Member

Nebraska/Texas A&M OOB call

Did anyone else see this decision in the final seconds of the game (about five seconds left)?

A&M missed a try for goal and the rebound was batted around in the lane. A Nebraska player jumped into the air, caught the ball with one hand, and threw it the length of the court as time was winding down. A teammate chased it to the far end line and appeared to make a tremendous save by just an inch. His trailing teammate collected the ball and was immediately fouled. However, the Center and Trail officials were caught well out of position. One of them whistled an OOB violation on the play from roughly the 28 foot line! The ball was awarded to A&M, and they proceeded to quickly advance 3/4 of the court and hit a desperation three at the buzzer for the win.

I had to watch the replay to discern the correct call because it was so close, but it appears to me that he did manage to stay inbounds.

We all get caught out of position on a strange play every once in a while, but would any of you guess on that call from so far away? It was a critical decision.

BTW I have no complaint with the outcome of the game. I am posting this situation from a purely objective viewpoint. I did not care which team won the game.

For those who didn't see it, perhaps someone can locate a video clip.