Thread: Cup while BU?
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 23, 2009, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

I had a friend/client...

yes, just one, like the other guy who was not an umpire but a coach/league president feeding the pitching machine for 8 year old machine pitch league. Kid drove one back through the box and hit my friend in the most delicate of all spots. He lost one of his boys to amputation, got an infection due to some randy/amorous activity by his wife and then got an abcess and almost lost the whole package. He still has trouble and is less than 40. He lost his job and then his wife.

I looked into a medical malpractice suit for him because the treating surgeon and ER doctors would not even take a look when he complained about severe pain in the nether region while erroneously labeling him a narcotic drug seeker. However, no other physician would testify that it was malpractice as the medical records showed and my client admitted to amorous relations with his wife before the drainage tube was removed and thus the increased risk of the very infection he had.

I am talking about this guy was in hospital three weeks and almost died and had major surgery on top of losing one of his nuts due to a baseball hit by an eight year old hitting him in the pills.

Way too risky to be on a field at any age with a hard baseball without a cup in my humble opinion.

I wear one. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

I wear Under Armour Cup-black with carbon fibre. Very comfortable to the point that I don't know I have it on until I go to the restroom.

MTCYMMV.
"We are the stewards of baseball. Our "customers" aren't schools, or coaches, or conferences. Our customer is the game itself." Warren Wilson, quoted by Carl Childress, Officiating.com article, June 3, 2008.