View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 30, 2002, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Are you kidding, when a youth drops the "F" bomb for any reason it is an ejection. The "F" bomb is 100% completely unacceptable at the youth, high school, and college level.
All I can say is, are you kidding, Mark? I mean, have you worked a high school or college game in the last 5 years? I know the answer is "yes" and I have great respect for your experience; so I'm left wondering how in the world you can think that the f-bomb is 100% unacceptable. It is accepted as common speech in almost any setting where HS and college kids gather. HS school use it after a missed shot, never mind when they think they are being targeted for injury. It's like the word "a$$". Just a few years ago, this was considered vulgar. In fact, I think it made Carlin's list of words you can't say on TV. Then "Friends" started using it, Letterman showed fake ads for "Big-@ss Hams", Seinfeld had the episode where Kramer got the license plate that said "Assman" on it. Nowadays, people have very little problem with using it in a general conversation.

Should they use it? Do I wish that it were not part of (literally) every-day usage? I think the answer to those questions is obvious. But am I going to eject a kid for cursing? Not unless there is some history other than that one curse word.

As always, just my opinion

Chuck