View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 06:43am
Official Forum Member

It's happened to me twice, one funny and one not so funny. Working a youth game as a wing, I went downfield to cover a pass. There wasn't much room to work on the sideline and the corner of the field was a baseball infield. Just as I backed onto the infield the ball carrier was diving falling as he was hit and both players met at my right knee. It required surgery, but all is well now.

The funny one was a high school scrimmage. There were several extra guys who where going to work in and we were going to be observed, but we started before the obderver arrived. I was the R. On the first series the QB through an interception over the middle. All the action started right back on me. I turned to start heading for the goal line. I got about 3 steps when someone who was blocking for the ball carrier knocked a player down and he went flying into the back of my legs. I went flying and as I rolled hit my shoulder on the ground. I got up and my pants were badly grass stained and my shirt was torn where my shoulder hit the gorund.

A few plays later the observer showed up. My buddies on the sideline pointed me out to him and said, "Look how he showed up for the scrimmage!"

As a P.S. I bought a new shirt for the following weeks scrimmage. After the scrimmage we were walking out of the facility and I somehow brushed against the fence and tore my new shirt!