Thread: Gear Bag
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7in60 View Post
I assume you clean it or wipe it out when converting from umpiring to vacationing? Mine tends to collect a bit of dirt in the bottom.

I sprung for a large duffle-style bag one the first year I umpired from HSRS in Canada with my name embroidered on it. It holds one set of gear fine but with two hat holders, two chest pads, helmet and mask, it's stuffed. It _would_ hold a ton of clothes! No shoulder strap though so not great for carrying long distances. Last year at a tournament our UIC had the Diamond one with compartments and a separate section for clothes. Nice, but for $140 I don't do enough tournaments. I worked a SP provincial championship and I fit everything into a garment bag.
I work volleyball in the fall, and everything I need for a match fits in a bag the size of a small camera case/shaving kit! That includes my whistle, a chain to measure net height, the ball gauge (which we never use, of course ! Our unofficial test is to bounce the darn thing!) and ball pump, and the jewelry rule and sportsmanship cards we are SUPPOSED read before every match/game in NYS.