View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I've watched Diebler several times this yr - my take (FWIW). He's a terrific shooter, when he's open and unguarded. Great foul shooter too.

But, when you hawk him or put someone on him tight he can completely disappear. It also appears OSU doesn't really "try" to get him open (coaching and scheme). When Duke had JJ Redick he would run all over the court, off screens, around and through everything to get open - and BAM! When I've seen OSU play, especially against a zone - he just stands there and hopes no one covers him and if they don't he kills em. He's had some games this yr (Wisc, Mich, ND) where he was almost invisible - but, that can be said for many players I suppose in some games.

That being said, as a sophomore, he's the 3rd leading scorer for the Buckeye's and they're doing pretty well at 17-7.

JMO (please don't kill me)
Diebler is an excellent shooter who can put a team on his back with his shot (see second half of game at Indiana this year).

JJ Redick was one of the best at moving without the ball. It helped that by the time he was a senior he had developed into a much more complete player, and not just a spot up shooter.