View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 05:24am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
#1: A1 has possession of the ball, but is on his knees and would be on all fours, but he's got his two hands pinning the ball down on the ground. A1 "stands up" so that now only his knees are on the ground. My partner called traveling, but I wasn't so sure. I went with his call of course and continued. Was my partner correct?

#2: A1 drives baseline side from the corner. When A1 picks up his dribble, he realizes he is too far underneath the basket to go straight up with a shot. B1 has moved in behind A1 and established LGP. B1 has his arms raised not straight up, but closer to straight up than he is 45 degrees. A1 jumps backwards into B1 to attempt a shot. Is there a foul here, or is it a no call?

My guess would be PC if anything.
  1. If a player with two hands on the ball, standing on his/her feet, places the ball to the ground while still holding onto the ball with both hands, and without moving either foot, is it a travel? The answer is no. So then, in situation #1 for the same reason it is not a travel.
  2. HTBT. Is he 45° toward A1 or away from A1? If towards, I can see the LGP, but B1's body is 45° to A1. Isn't is possible that B1 violated the principle of verticality? It sounds like a block, or a no-call to me, because 45° is quite a large lean from the vertical. If away, PC or nothing, with a lean to the no-call for anything other than lots of contact.

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Thu Feb 19, 2009 at 05:28am.