View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 12:11am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
#1: A1 has possession of the ball, but is on his knees and would be on all fours, but he's got his two hands pinning the ball down on the ground. A1 "stands up" so that now only his knees are on the ground. My partner called traveling, but I wasn't so sure. I went with his call of course and continued. Was my partner correct?
Yes. You cannot get up while in control of the ball (without a dribble). I would consider the player in control of the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
#2: A1 drives baseline side from the corner. When A1 picks up his dribble, he realizes he is too far underneath the basket to go straight up with a shot. B1 has moved in behind A1 and established LGP. B1 has his arms raised not straight up, but closer to straight up than he is 45 degrees. A1 jumps backwards into B1 to attempt a shot. Is there a foul here, or is it a no call?

My guess would be PC if anything.
Likely a foul, but I would have to see it. Technically the defender cannot be in the vertical space of the shooter and any contact would be on the defender. But if the shot was not affected (not likely) and the contact was minimal, then I might call a foul on the defender. Also keep in mind, the shooter cannot jump directly into the defender either, so you might just have a no call. I think this is just one of those HTBT situations.

Peace