View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Striking with fist

This violation, along with 10 seconds to shoot an FT, are two I've never seen called in my life. Anyway, last night, Men's Wreck League, point guard gets an inbound pass in his backcourt, all by himself, dribbles once, and the second dribble is whack-a-mole style, downward strike with the bottom of his fist, mad about something I guess. He continues his dribble and I call nothing, because it is rec league.

It got me to thinking about this, however. I was trying to decide if I would call it in a HS game. I mean, of course I'd call it at any level if any other player was near the fist-in-motion. But do I get this if the same situation as described above happens in a HS JV or V game?

I asked my partner but I don't know how much faith to put in his response. He said he wouldn't call it, but he doesn't call much apparently. Between games one of the guys who knew him was telling him a story about a T he got recently. His guy was getting "hammered in there" and he went to the official who was putting his whistle in his mouth, so he said, "if you are going to put your whistle in your mouth, blow it!" and got pinned. I said I'd T him too and my partner said "for what?" as he laughed.