View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Isn't this the truth.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
.....A smart coach will get the message and if he wants to pick a fight over something trivial such as this, he probably isn't a very good coach anyways.
An observation of mine over the years is that the teams that aren't very good (read: suck) usually have coaches that aren't very good (read: suck).

They have a way of blaming all the poor play and coaching by their players and themselves on the umpires. Sometimes I let myself get caught up in all the sorry, poorly played and coached baseball and let my game drop to their level. I hate it when that happens.

Examples like Welpe's and others' are usually what these guys resort to-asking us to call stupid stuff and whining about calls.

Makes for a very long day/night indeed..... Make 'em ask and then, if and only if, you deem their complaint has merit and action is warranted make the correction or make the call. Don't be afraid to tell them to get their butt back in the dugout. I hope some of these sorry coaches scratch me. I hate poorly played baseball with whining coaches.
"We are the stewards of baseball. Our "customers" aren't schools, or coaches, or conferences. Our customer is the game itself." Warren Wilson, quoted by Carl Childress, Officiating.com article, June 3, 2008.