View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 02:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I guess I fail to see where the pi$$ing match comes in. Coach comes out, states that a batting glove in the pitcher's back pocket is distracting, I tell him "Not in my judgment." The conversation is over at this point and I am going back to my position. No further discussion is necessary and we're going to play ball. If he wants to be petty about it and belabor the point, he can go sit down or enjoy an early shower.

A smart coach will get the message and if he wants to pick a fight over something trivial such as this, he probably isn't a very good coach anyways.

Now if you have a pitcher doing an Al Jolson impression with eyeblack or something equally as ridiculous...that is a different story and deserves to be addressed.
I have said this before and I will say this again. If you have a certain presence on the field, you will not have to worry about many pissing matches in the first place. If you are constantly having coaches challenge your positions, it might be how you are being precieved and that has a lot to do with how many times you have to eject coaches in many cases.

Peace