Thread: Texas Brouhaha
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post

My opinion, presented as my opinion, and based on good information.
Really?

Let's take a trip down memory lane:

Quote:
The fact that the major league baseball clubs and the players themselves give virtually nothing back to the game at the lower levels is an abomination.
Quote:
But major league millionaires give less back to charity and society around them than almost any millionaires in America.
Quote:
Well, you know what? When it comes to seeking and providing information on the game of baseball, I am at a higher level than you. I have had many more years of that than you and am decidedly more accomplished than you.
Quote:
I stated that they give less than "ALMOST any millionaires in America." That was based on an investigation by one of my sources that revealed that of all the millionaires in the game ($1 million per year or more), gave less than one percent of their salary to charity.
That you can claim that you were stating opinion all this time puts you in the same weasel category as a JV first base coach.

Quote:
Once again, in all these years that I have been making that statement, Mr. Umpire is the first one to dispute it by defending the generosity of big league ballplayers. That says a lot.
What is says is that he's the first to call you on your bullsht.